Product Destruction Services
Our product destruction service for producers of any redundant, branded or security items that need to be safely and securely destroyed in an environmentally friendly manner.
We offer a complete and documented audit trail from the initial receipt of material, either collected or delivered, to the final issue of our Certificate of Destruction all done to EN15713 standards.
The entire destruction process is performed under the guise of digital CCTV and using an innovative bar-code system as a means of electronic audit trail. We are confident that the professionalism and integrity of this service cannot be matched by any of our competitors. Customers are welcome to visit the operations and see their items being destroyed in person or if this is not convenient, customers can log-on to our CCTV system and view the materials being destroyed from the comfort of their desk!
After the customer gives us a description of the goods for destruction and the quantity of each item, all material will be bar-coded at source by the customer. Highlander will supply barcode labeling by way of PDF document, emailed to our customers and based on the quantities and descriptions previously provided. These bar-code labels simply need to be printed by customers and attached to the items destined for destruction. Where required, spare bar-codes can be supplied by Highlander at a moment's notice if additional materials are identified for destruction. Each collection vehicle containing material destined for destruction will be sealed before transit, with a numbered seal to maintain the integrity of the collection vehicle and its contents and this seal number will form an integral part of the electronic audit trail.
All vehicles Highlander uses to collect material for destruction come with GPS tracking as standard to enable the movement of your goods to be monitored upon return to our destruction centre, the material is then unloaded and will be stored in a designated, secure area awaiting destruction away from non-security materials, to eliminate the possibility of items for destruction being mixed up with items destined for conventional recycling. A full audit trail will exist for the entire process, culminating in the issuing of a destruction certificate, within 24 hours of completion of the destruction of the material.
The system itself has standard features to enhance and ensure security such as remote access CCTV, employee background checks to BS7858, a fenced, locked and controlled destruction area with locked key-pad security area access. The service also comes with electronic monitoring of the whole Highlander Destruction process from point of Collection / Delivery to the completion of destruction, inclusive of initial bar-coding. This will enable 3rd party monitoring of the service to be determined at any point culminating with the dispatch of the destroyed material for recycling and the issuing of our certification.
Key points of the service:
- Barcode labeling for easy identification of any material for destruction
- Transport of material exclusively to our secure destruction operations
- Containment & storage of material in a secure, CCTV monitored security area
- Shredding of material to ensure absolute destruction to EN15713 standards
- Where possible, local recycling of destroyed materials to EN643 standards
- Baling of the material to enhance sustainability and ensure recycling
- Electronic audit trail for each batch of material received and destroyed
- Destruction certificate issued for each batch received, within 24 hours
Additional security features associated with our Destruction Service:
- Digital CCTV systems all around the site, monitoring all work activities
- Webcams monitoring shredding area, facilitating remote viewing of the process
- All employees fully background checked to BS7858 standards
- Secure premises, monitored 24 hours per day, lockable and fully alarmed
- Invitations for Customers to visit our premises & view the process personally
- Security sealing collection containers to remove risk of material removal
- Identification badges worn by all Highlander staff working in the area
- Uniformed Highlander operatives collecting your material at ALL TIMES
- Controlled & recorded access to all areas using door entry fob system
The certificate will be signed for final approval only by the company directors and only after we are 100% satisfied the destruction process is completed. For each batch of security material received, a destruction certificate will be issued no more than 24 hours after the material at Highlander International Recycling has been destroyed.
Highlander operates an Industrial Hammer Mill which shreds the material at a capacity of 300 tons per week - broken down to circa 7 tons per hour - the largest capacity in Scotland!
Baling and recycling of the security material to ensure sustainability:
Where possible, material for destruction will be baled and will then receive a final inspection by our Quality Control Department. The material is tagged and made ready for transportation and eventual recycling at one of our approved, nominated material processors who will manufacture a range of recycled goods, such as writing papers, packaging boards, tissue products et al. We currently operate two modern, fully automatic baling machines being one Imabe horizontal baling press with a capacity of 400 tons per week and a Lindemann Bigro 120 horizontal baling press with a capacity of 500 tons per week - this gives us a total Baling Capacity of almost 1000 tons per week â€" the largest recovered paper baling capacity utilized by an independent recycling company in Scotland!
We are confident that the service, costs and support offered by Highlander will exceed your requirements and you can be assured that all products for destruction will be handled with integrity and diligence - please free to contact us directly and one of our commercial team will attend to your enquiry and if you wish to see the process in person, we would be delighted for you to visit our recycling facility WE WILL NOT BE BEATEN ON SERVICE OR PRICE!