We are looking for an experienced Transport and Logistics Manager to join the team. With a minimum of 5 years of experience within a fast-paced environment.
You would be responsible for managing a fleet of around 20 vehicles. A combination of small Mercedes 3.5 ton vans up to large curtain siders, hook lift skip trucks, and articulated trailers. As well as managing 15 Class 1 and 2 Drivers.
Transport Operations handles the collection and delivery of equipment for our recycling services to a range of customers across Scotland and Northern England.
The holder of the Operator’s licence the Transport & Logistics Manager will be responsible for managing all transport-related challenges and costings within both operations and fleet.
The Transport & Logistics Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that the drivers fully comply with all relevant legislation. It will also be the transport managers responsibility to monitor the drivers’ productivity levels and ensure compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and service delivery standards. Whilst delivering a high standard of customer service.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage productivity and performance of all drivers
- Ensure tachograph compliance
- Conduct regular auditing to ensure full compliance with vehicle management/servicing schedules.
- Establish effective relationships with external suppliers
- Ensure all vehicles are operated correctly and safely
- Ensure all vehicles are serviced and maintained correctly as set out in service schedules
- Monitor and enforce compliance with all Company’s Health & Safety policies and procedures
Essential qualifications & skills:
- CPC holder
- Previous Class 1 & 2 Licence holder experience
- Experience of managing drivers on a day-to-day basis in all aspects of their employment
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good people management skills
- Demonstrable Transport Management experience (minimum 5 years)
- Route scheduling experience
- Flexible and professional approach
- Full UK Driving Licence
- LGV Driving experience
- Knowledge of computerised Transport Management Systems
- Analytical and creative
- Competitive salary
- Primarily Monday to Friday Working
- 28 days holiday annually
- Contributory Personal Pension Plan
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £32,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
To apply please send your CV to Tracey@Highlanderinternational.co.uk